How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
Each licensed agent is required by law to notify the Department in writing within 30 days of any change of residence or name. When notifying the Department of such changes, please submit a completed Service Request Form . Please be certain to include the following information:
- Social Security number;
- old address/name;
- new address/name;
- copy of divorce decree, if applicable (e.g. you are changing your current name to a previous name); and
- copy of certificate from Clerk of the Court, Department of Vital Statistics, or other official document when making formal name change.
Any licensed resident agent who has moved his or her residence from the state of Indiana shall have all licenses terminated by the Department.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements