How Do I Apply For A License?
To obtain a license, complete prelicensing study (if required), and have the course instructor complete his or her portion of the prelicensing education Certificate of Completion. After completing your course, you must register for and pass the appropriate examination with Experior and apply for your license with the Department within six months of completing your course. To apply for your resident agent license, you must submit the following directly to the Department:
- a completed license application form, use the Uniform Application for Individual NonResident License your original prelicensing education
- Certificate of Completion or Waiver from the Department;
- your original passing examination Score Report;
- any other required forms; and applicable licensing fees.
Contact the Department if you have any questions regarding resident license application procedures or required forms.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements