Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?
You may be exempted from prelicensing education requirements if you hold at least one of the following designations: Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (CFC), Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) or Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI). Apply to the Department for a waiver letter, being sure to include the appropriate letter certifying your designation. You must then present this Department waiver letter at the testing center on the date of your exam(s). CLU, CFP and CFC designees will be required to take only the appropriate Indiana Life and/or Health laws and regulations exams.
In addition, if you held a like license in Indiana as that being applied for within the 24 months prior to the date of application, you may be exempt from prelicensing education requirements.
New resident applicants who held a like license within the 12 months prior to the date of application may also be exempt from prelicensing education requirements.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- How Do I Obtain An Insurance License In Indiana?
- What Types Of Licenses Are Available In Indiana?
- What Licenses Require And Examination?
- What Licenses Do Not Require An Examination?
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Resident License?
- What Are The Pre-Licensing Education Requirements?
- What Are The Nonresident License Requirements?
- What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?
- Additional Licensing Information
- What Is The Procedure For Registering For An Exam?
- What Is The Fee To Take An Exam?
- How Do I Schedule Or Cancel An Exam?
- Social Security Number Confidentiality
- How Is The Exam Given?
- Can Arrangements Be Made For Someone With A Disability To Take The Exam?
- What Is The Question Format?
- How Do I Apply For A License?
- What Are The License Fees?
- How Do I Obtain A Current Certification Letter?
- How Do I Change My Name Or Address?
- Does Indiana Issue Temporary Licenses?
- What Are The Continuing Education (Ce) Requirements?
- License Qualifications Subject To Ce Requirements