Can I Be Exempt From Pre-Licensing Education And Examination Requirements?

You may be exempted from pre­licensing education requirements if you hold at least one of the following designations: Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (CFC), Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) or Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI). Apply to the Department for a waiver letter, being sure to include the appropriate letter certifying your designation. You must then present this Department waiver letter at the testing center on the date of your exam(s). CLU, CFP and CFC designees will be required to take only the appropriate Indiana Life and/or Health laws and regulations exams.

In addition, if you held a like license in Indiana as that being applied for within the 24 months prior to the date of application, you may be exempt from pre­licensing education requirements.

New resident applicants who held a like license within the 12 months prior to the date of application may also be exempt from pre­licensing education requirements.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More