What Do I Do To Become A Non-Resident Licensee?
You will not be required to complete prelicensing education, a qualifying examination or continuing education, if required, so long as you are certified by the resident state as in compliance with its licensing and continuing education requirements. Issuance of the license does not relieve the applicant from meeting mandatory ongoing license renewal and continuing education requirements, or other reporting requirements for the State of Illinois.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- How Do I Proceed After I Take The Examination?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?
- What Are The Requirements If I Am A New Resident Of Illinois Previously Licensed In Another State?
- What Do I Do If I Have An Address Change?
- What Do I Need From The Illinois Department Of Insurance If I Want To Become Licensed In Another State?