How Do I Renew My License?
All licensees that are eligible may renew online, but they are not required to do so. They may still renew their licenses via mailin as they do now. If a licensee chooses to renew online, there will be a $5.00 "convenience fee" charged, ($8.00 for a late renewal), in addition to the regular renewal fee. You may use either a VISA or MasterCard to pay your license fees.
The online renewal system will also allow individuals to update home, business and mailing address information, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
For resident producers that require Continuing Education credits to renew their license, the online renewal system will require them to enter Continuing Education credits showing the course title, course number, date completed, course provider and credit hours. All of this information is available from the Certificate of Course Completion received by the producer when the course is completed.
Once the transaction has been accepted and processed, the individual will have the option of printing their new license on their own printer, or they may elect to have the DOI print a new license certificate and mail it to them. The license will be renewed for the standard period of time set by law, usually for a twoyear period. If you have any questions, you may contact the Department of Insurance at 2083344250.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Are The General Requirements For Licensure In The State Of Idaho?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?
- What Are The Licensing Fees?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- How Do I Know How Many Continuing Education Hours I Will Need To Renew My License?
- What Do I Need To Do If I Have An Address Or Name Change Or If I Change Agencies?
- I Am Moving To Another State. What Do I Need Form The Idaho Department Of Insurance?