How Do I Know How Many Continuing Education Hours I Will Need To Renew My License?
There are four lines of insurance that require continuing education. The lines of insurance are: life, disability, property, and casualty. The CE requirement for one or more lines of insurance is listed below.
One line requires (12) hours.
Two lines require (24) hours.
Three lines require (36) hours.
Four lines require (40) hours.
An individual can carry over up to 50% of their continuing education requirement. There is NO CE requirement for sub lines such as Variable or limited lines such as Credit Life & Disability, Travel Ticket, Involuntary Unemployment, Credit property or Vehicle Physical Damage.
Credits must be earned within the licensing period. CE credits will only be given for Idaho approved courses. A continuing education statement (printed on the reverse side of the renewal application) must be completed at the time of license renewal and submitted with the renewal fees by the agent, broker or consultant. The Individual Certificate of Completion (Exhibit C) does not need to be submitted, however, it should be kept for record and audit purposes for at least three years.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Are The General Requirements For Licensure In The State Of Idaho?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?
- What Are The Licensing Fees?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- What Do I Need To Do If I Have An Address Or Name Change Or If I Change Agencies?
- I Am Moving To Another State. What Do I Need Form The Idaho Department Of Insurance?
- How Do I Renew My License?