What Types Of Licenses Does The Insurance Division Issue?
The Hawaii Insurance Division issues the following type of licenses:
- General Agent
- Nonresident agent or broker
- Independent adjuster
- Public adjuster
- Managing general agent
- Reinsurance intermediary
- Workers` Compensation claims adjuster`s limited license
- Limited licenses issued pursuant to 431:9214, HRS
Insurance companies applying for a Certificate of Authority must use the NAIC`s Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA).
The UCAA consists of the Primary Application and the Expansion Application. The Primary Application should be used by newly formed Hawaii insurance companies seeking a Hawaii Certificate of Authority and for insurers, not currently admitted in Hawaii, wishing to redomesticate to Hawaii. The Expansion Application should be used by all other insurance companies already licensed in another state and seeking a Hawaii Certificate of Authority.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- What Are The License Application Procedures?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?