What Types Of Licenses Does The Insurance Division Issue?
The Hawaii Insurance Division issues the following type of licenses:
- General Agent
- Nonresident agent or broker
- Independent adjuster
- Public adjuster
- Managing general agent
- Reinsurance intermediary
- Workers` Compensation claims adjuster`s limited license
- Limited licenses issued pursuant to 431:9214, HRS
Insurance companies applying for a Certificate of Authority must use the NAIC`s Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA).
The UCAA consists of the Primary Application and the Expansion Application. The Primary Application should be used by newly formed Hawaii insurance companies seeking a Hawaii Certificate of Authority and for insurers, not currently admitted in Hawaii, wishing to redomesticate to Hawaii. The Expansion Application should be used by all other insurance companies already licensed in another state and seeking a Hawaii Certificate of Authority.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- What Are The License Application Procedures?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?