Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- General agent
- Nonresident agent or broker
- Managing general agent
- Reinsurance intermediary
Assessment Systems Inc. or ASI is the Administrator of insurance licensing examinations in Hawaii. The examinations that ASI administers are: adjuster, life, accident and health, property, casualty and surety. Candidates may take up to two examinations at one examination session with the exception of the Adjuster examination, which must be taken separately. Candidates may make a reservation by:
- calling ASI Customer Care at (800) 2742608
- faxing the Fax Reservation Form to ASI at (888) 2046291
Candidates should make a reservation by phone at least three (3) business days before the desired examination date, or by fax or on the Web at least four (4) days before the desired examination date. Exams are given on Kauai, Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island. The examination fee is $75. Candidates who pass the examination will receive a score report that includes information on how to apply for a license.
Exam content information, test center locations, as well as the Fax Reservation Form can be found in the Licensing Examination Candidate Handbook
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- What Types Of Licenses Does The Insurance Division Issue?
- Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
- What Are The License Application Procedures?
- How Can I Obtain The Required Forms For Insurance Licensing?