Do I need special windstorm coverage in my homeowner's insurance policy?

Most homeowner’s insurance policies contain coverage for losses related to windstorms, hail, or other types of severe storms. However, if you live in certain high-risk areas, like in coastal or beach regions, you might have to purchase special insurance coverage in order to protect your home.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More