Do I need special insurance for natural disasters like flooding or hurricanes?

Maybe. In some higher-risk areas, such as in coastal regions, you may need to purchase additional insurance coverage to fully protect your assets. While homeowner’s insurance policies typically cover damages from high winds, for instance, they don’t typically cover damage due to flooding. Check with your insurance agent for more information about what is and is not included in your homeowner’s insurance policy.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More