Who Must Meet Prelicensing Education Requirements?
Applicants will submit a certificate of completion of forty hours of prelicensing to Assessment Systems, Inc. (see information on ASI below) along with the license application and appropriate fee in order to take the District of Columbia Licensing Examination to become licensed in the District of Columbia as an insurance agent or broker.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Who Must Be Licensed In The District Of Columbia?
- Are There Any Additional Licensing Requirements?
- What Are The Non-Resident Licensing Requirements?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Exam?
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Are The Fees For A New License?
- What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?