What Is The Procedure For Obtaining An Appointment?
- ASI/DC Insurance Processing
8201 Corporate Drive
Suite 400, Dept. DCIN
Landover, MD 20785
All agents must be appointed to do business in DC. Brokers cannot be appointed. Firms may be appointed if desired. Appointment activity reports are sent to companies on a biweekly basis, confirming appointment transactions and requesting additional information to help complete pending transactions. There is a $25 fee for each new appointment payable to Assessment Systems, Inc. Appointments are renewed annually.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Information?
- Who Must Be Licensed In The District Of Columbia?
- Who Must Meet Prelicensing Education Requirements?
- Are There Any Additional Licensing Requirements?
- What Are The Non-Resident Licensing Requirements?
- How Do I Register For And Schedule An Insurance Licensing Exam?
- How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?
- What Are The Fees For A New License?
- What Are The Licensing Renewal Procedures?