How Do I Obtain The Licensing Application Forms?

Applications for Resident Agents and Brokers and Applications for Non­Resident Agents and Brokers are available from the DC Department of Insurance Web site.

The Department of Insurance and Securities Regulation also governs the licensing of insurers and ensuring continued compliance with DC laws and regulations. An insurer may obtain a Property and Casualty license or a Life and Health license. The Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA) process is designed to allow insurers to file copies of the same application for admission in numerous states. Each state that accepts the UCAA is designated as a uniform state. While each uniform state still performs its own independent review of each application, the need to file different applications, in different formats, has been eliminated for all states that accept the uniform application.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More