What Do I Do If I Am A Non-Resident Licensee?

All nonresident licensees shall file a home state letter of certification not more than ninety (90) days old when received by the Commissioner, which provides evidence of license status and compliance with continuing education requirements in his or her state of residence. The filing requirement for nonresidents shall be on odd years with a deadline date of February 28th every odd year beginning in year 1999. The Department will send renewal notices to all nonresident licensees at least ninety (90) days before the end of the biennium. Nonresidents may request a thirty (30) day extension to file for renewal provided it is in writing to the Commissioner at least thirty (30) days prior to the biennium deadline and shall provide evidence of seeking a home state letter of certification.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More