What Are The Producer Continuing Education Requirements?
In 1992 the Colorado General Assembly passed House Bill 921076, mandating continuing education for insurance producers. Effective January 1, 1993, the continuing education requirement applies to all individuals licensed to act as insurance producers in Colorado, including nonresidents The law requires that every licensed producer complete twentyfour hours of Colorado approved continuing education courses every two years. Any producer holding only the Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or NonProfit Hospital Surgical Medical Services (NP) authority must complete twentyfour hours of CE beginning with their next continuation after January 1, 1999. There are only two exceptions to the CE requirement: 1) First time licensees have until their second continuation to comply. 2) Producers licensed to write only one or more of the following authorities: Limited Insurance Representative/Travel Ticket Selling, Bail Bonds, Title, Credit, and Crop Hail.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Is The Address And Phone Number For The Colorado Department Of Insurance?
- What Are The Licensing Requirements For A Bail-Bonding Agent?
- What Is The Relevant State Statute?
- When Do The Continuing Education Requirements Begin?
- Do I Need 24 Credit Hours Or Each Insurance Authority That I Possess?
- When Does Accumulation Begin?
- Can Extra Continuing Education Hours Be Carried Over?
- Does An Agency License Require Continuing Education?
- If The Only Authority I Have Is Life, Life/Variable, Health, Hmo Or Np, Which Classes Can I Take For Ce Credit?
- If I Have A Combination Of Authorities Such As Life, Life/Variable, Health, Hmo, Np And Property Or Casualty, Which Classes Can I Take For Ce Credit?
- Are Producers With Professional Designations Exempt?
- Are Nonresident License Holders Required To Have Ce Hours?
- What Happens If The Continuation Fee Is Late Or If I Am Late In Completing The Required Ce Hours?
- Where Can I Find A List Of Approved Providers Of Ce Courses?
- What Types Of Courses Are Eligible For Ce?
- Can A Course Be Repeated?
- How Are Ce Credits Reported?