How Are Ce Credits Reported?
Effective January 1, 2001 continuing education (CE) course providers will submit monthly to, Assessment Systems Inc. (ASI) the outside vender contracted to process CE credits, a course roster (for each courses taught) of all producers and the amount of CE credit each producer received. Producers are no longer required to submit their CE credits to ASI, it is the responsible of the course provider to submit the CE credits to ASI. Prior to a producer`s continuation date, ASI will provide the producer with a CE transcript of all CE courses taken and the number of credits received. It is the producer`s responsibility to verify the transcript and advise ASI of any discrepancy. Upon successful completion of a course, the course provider will issue the producer a course completion certificate that will have the Colorado course approval number for that course and the number of approved CE credits. An approved Colorado course provider must complete the course completion certificate. Producers will need the course completion certificate to verify their CE transcript prior to continuation of their license. Producers MUST KEEP the course completion certificate in their files for a minimum of five years. DO NOT FORWARD THIS CERTIFICATE TO THE DIVISION OF INSURANCE OR TO ASI.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- What Is The Address And Phone Number For The Colorado Department Of Insurance?
- What Are The Licensing Requirements For A Bail-Bonding Agent?
- What Is The Relevant State Statute?
- What Are The Producer Continuing Education Requirements?
- When Do The Continuing Education Requirements Begin?
- Do I Need 24 Credit Hours Or Each Insurance Authority That I Possess?
- When Does Accumulation Begin?
- Can Extra Continuing Education Hours Be Carried Over?
- Does An Agency License Require Continuing Education?
- If The Only Authority I Have Is Life, Life/Variable, Health, Hmo Or Np, Which Classes Can I Take For Ce Credit?
- If I Have A Combination Of Authorities Such As Life, Life/Variable, Health, Hmo, Np And Property Or Casualty, Which Classes Can I Take For Ce Credit?
- Are Producers With Professional Designations Exempt?
- Are Nonresident License Holders Required To Have Ce Hours?
- What Happens If The Continuation Fee Is Late Or If I Am Late In Completing The Required Ce Hours?
- Where Can I Find A List Of Approved Providers Of Ce Courses?
- What Types Of Courses Are Eligible For Ce?
- Can A Course Be Repeated?