What If I Want To Be Licensed As A Nonresident In Another State?

You should contact the other state for their license requirements. A letter of certification from the California Department of Insurance is usually required when filing in another state as a nonresident. You may complete form LIC 780.

In the alternative, you may submit a letter indicating your name, license number and/or social security number, and the address where you would like the certificate mailed. The fee is $15 per state. Please allow 2­3 weeks from the date your check clears your bank for issuance of the certificate.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More