Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
Applicants who are exempt from the 40hour general insurance classroom courses include a new California resident applicant who had a current license in another state and completed 40 hours of prelicensing education for each license held in that state, or; an applicant for a license holding one or more of the following designations: LUTCF (Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow) [life] CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) [life] AAI (Accredited Advisor in Insurance) [fire and casualty] CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) [fire and casualty] CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor) [fire and casualty].
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Forms And Licensing Requirements?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- How Do I Know How Many Continuing Education Hours I Will Need To Renew My License?
- After I Complete My Continuing Education Hours, Do I Need To Send The Certificates To The California Department Of Insurance?
- Where Can I Find Pre-Licensing Or Continuing Education Providers And Course Offerings?
- How Will I Know When It's Time To Renew My License?
- Who Is Eligible To Use The Rapid (Renew Online) System?
- What Do I Do If I Am A Non-Resident Licensee?
- Will I Still Be Able To Continue Transacting Business If My License Expires And I Haven't Received The Renewed License?
- What If My Renewal Is Late?
- How Do I Add Another License Type To My Current Insurance License?
- How Do I Inform The Department Of Insurance Of My Address Change?
- I'm Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The California Department Of Insurance?
- How Do I Inform The California Department Of Insurance That I Represent A New Insurance Company Or That I No Longer Represent An
- How Do I Obtain A Duplicate License?
- What If I Want To Be Licensed As A Nonresident In Another State?
- What Is The Personal Lines Broker-Agent License?
- Is A Bond Required In Order To Become Licensed?
- What Are The Fees For Fingerprinting?
- How Long Will It Take To Process My Application?