I'm Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The California Department Of Insurance?

A clearance letter is required when you are moving to another state. This cancels your license in California. To obtain a clearance letter, you must submit a signed statement requesting clearance and return your original license (if lost, you must so state in the letter). The signed statement must include the name of the state you wish to become licensed in, your name, license number and/or social security number, and the address where the clearance letter is to be mailed. The licensee`s original signature is required. The fee is $21. Please allow 2­3 weeks for issuance of clearance letter.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More