How Do I Know How Many Continuing Education Hours I Will Need To Renew My License?
It is suggested that you complete your required continuing education hours at least sixty (60) days prior to the expiration date of your license to allow sufficient time for your provider to submit the necessary information and for the California Department of Insurance to update your records. If hours are completed at the end of your renewal term, the license renewal process may be delayed while your hours are processed.
For nonresident license holders, when the home state has continuing education requirements, existing licenses will be renewed and new licenses issued if the home state`s requirements are met. If the home state has no continuing education requirements, current licensees must meet the California continuing education requirements. New licenses will be issued if the applicant has a current license in good standing in the home state. Then the CE requirements stated above must be met or the license will not be renewed.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Forms And Licensing Requirements?
- Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- After I Complete My Continuing Education Hours, Do I Need To Send The Certificates To The California Department Of Insurance?
- Where Can I Find Pre-Licensing Or Continuing Education Providers And Course Offerings?
- How Will I Know When It's Time To Renew My License?
- Who Is Eligible To Use The Rapid (Renew Online) System?
- What Do I Do If I Am A Non-Resident Licensee?
- Will I Still Be Able To Continue Transacting Business If My License Expires And I Haven't Received The Renewed License?
- What If My Renewal Is Late?
- How Do I Add Another License Type To My Current Insurance License?
- How Do I Inform The Department Of Insurance Of My Address Change?
- I'm Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The California Department Of Insurance?
- How Do I Inform The California Department Of Insurance That I Represent A New Insurance Company Or That I No Longer Represent An
- How Do I Obtain A Duplicate License?
- What If I Want To Be Licensed As A Nonresident In Another State?
- What Is The Personal Lines Broker-Agent License?
- Is A Bond Required In Order To Become Licensed?
- What Are The Fees For Fingerprinting?
- How Long Will It Take To Process My Application?