After I Complete My Continuing Education Hours, Do I Need To Send The Certificates To The California Department Of Insurance?

No, it is the provider`s responsibility to submit the credits to the California Department of Insurance. Do not send your certificate, or copies of the certificate, even if your renewal form indicates you are deficient in hours. The certificate is for your records and you should retain it for at least five years. The California Department of Insurance must enter the hours from the provider`s roster.

To check your continuing education hours, you may call the 24­hour Interactive Voice Response System at (800) 967­9331or (916) 322­3555 to hear your hours and/or receive a FAX of those hours; or you may visit the License Status Inquiry Web Page for on­line license status information. Inquiries should be made 60 days after the course completion date.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More