Where Can I Obtain Insurance Licensing Forms And Licensing Requirements?
- Fire and Casualty brokeragent
- Life Agent
- Rental Car Agent Licensing
- Surplus Line Broker
- Special Lines` Surplus Line Broker
- Insurance Adjuster
- Public Insurance Adjuster
- Interim Public Insurance Adjuster
- Bail Agent
- Bail Solicitor
- Bail Permittee
- Motor Club
- Travel Agent
- Cargo Shippers` Agent
- Reinsurance IntermediaryBroker/ IntermediaryManager
- Life and Disability Insurance Analyst
- Stock Agent
- PartTime Fraternal Agent
You may telephone the Licensing Bureau Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (800) 9679331 or (916) 3223555. A 24 hour Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) is also available by telephoning these numbers. Some of the specific features you may find useful on the IVR are: answering insurance licensing questions; obtaining information on education requirements; verifying licensing examination schedules; ordering forms, education provider lists and/or course lists.
Correspondence may be mailed to: California Department of Insurance, 320 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 958144309. If fees are required, mail to: California Department of Insurance, Producer Licensing Bureau, P.O. Box 1139, Sacramento, CA 958121139. You can fax the Licensing Bureau at (916) 3276907.
You may also send an email to License.Bureau@insurance.ca.gov. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and email address in all correspondence with the CDI.
Personal assistance is available at public counters at three locations where office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may submit your license application and fees, reschedule license examinations, submit renewal applications, submit change of address forms, request certificates of license status, confirm agent license information or receive general license assistance. The locations are as follows:
320 Capitol Mall, 1st Floor
or (916) 3223555
Ronald Reagan Building, South Tower
300 South Spring Street, 10th Floor
45 Fremont Street, 22nd Floor
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Insurance Articles
- Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?
- Are There Any Pre-Licensing Examinations That I Must First Take?
- How Do I Know How Many Continuing Education Hours I Will Need To Renew My License?
- After I Complete My Continuing Education Hours, Do I Need To Send The Certificates To The California Department Of Insurance?
- Where Can I Find Pre-Licensing Or Continuing Education Providers And Course Offerings?
- How Will I Know When It's Time To Renew My License?
- Who Is Eligible To Use The Rapid (Renew Online) System?
- What Do I Do If I Am A Non-Resident Licensee?
- Will I Still Be Able To Continue Transacting Business If My License Expires And I Haven't Received The Renewed License?
- What If My Renewal Is Late?
- How Do I Add Another License Type To My Current Insurance License?
- How Do I Inform The Department Of Insurance Of My Address Change?
- I'm Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The California Department Of Insurance?
- How Do I Inform The California Department Of Insurance That I Represent A New Insurance Company Or That I No Longer Represent An
- How Do I Obtain A Duplicate License?
- What If I Want To Be Licensed As A Nonresident In Another State?
- What Is The Personal Lines Broker-Agent License?
- Is A Bond Required In Order To Become Licensed?
- What Are The Fees For Fingerprinting?
- How Long Will It Take To Process My Application?