Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in Virginia?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Foreclosure and Alternatives Articles
- Foreclosure Laws in Virginia
- Does Virginia Law Allow for a Redemption Period After a Foreclosure?
- Where and When do Foreclosure Sales Take Place in Virginia?
- What Public Notice Requirements are There for a Real Estate Foreclosure in Virginia?
- How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Virginia?
- How Long Does the Typical Foreclosure Process Take in Virginia?
- Can I Keep My Home If I File Bankruptcy in Virginia?