What Public Notice Requirements are There for a Real Estate Foreclosure in Oklahoma?

In Oklahoma, the foreclosure process can begin in one to two ways. A lender may file a lawsuit if there is no power of sale in the loan documents for the property. Public notice occurs when the lawsuit is filed and in any manner deemed appropriate by the court. If there is a power of sale in the loan documents, a lender must provide the public notice indicated in the power of sale clause. If the power of sale clause is silent about public notice then the lender must file a Notice of Intent to Foreclosure with the county clerk and publish it daily in a local newspaper for four consecutive weeks.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Foreclosure and Alternatives Articles

Search LawInfo's Foreclosure and Alternatives Resources