How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Nebraska?

Both judicial and non judicial foreclosures are allowed in Nebraska. If the mortgage agreement contains a power of sale clause then a non judicial foreclosure may be pursued. That means that the lender must provide the borrower and the public with the notice required by the mortgage agreement or state law and conduct the sale in accordance with the mortgage agreement and state law.
If there is no power of sale clause in the mortgage agreement then the lender must sue the borrower in state court and obtain court permission to conduct the foreclosure.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Foreclosure and Alternatives Articles

Search LawInfo's Foreclosure and Alternatives Resources