Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in Kentucky?

A lender can only recover a deficiency judgment from a borrower if the borrower was personally served with the foreclosure complaint and failed to respond to the complaint. If the borrower responded to the foreclosure lawsuit then the lender has no right to a deficiency judgment even if there is a discrepancy between the amount recovered at the public foreclosure sale and the amount owed on the loan.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Foreclosure and Alternatives Articles

Search LawInfo's Foreclosure and Alternatives Resources