Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in Washington D.C.?

Yes, a lender can sue a borrower for a deficiency judgment if the full amount of the money owed on the loan is not paid from the proceeds of the foreclosure sale of a Washington D.C. property.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Foreclosure and Alternatives Articles

Search LawInfo's Foreclosure and Alternatives Resources