I Live In Another State. Can I Get Help From Dcse In Virginia?

If you already have a child support case open in the state in which you reside, you should contact the child support agency in that state to learn if it has requested assistance from the state of Virginia. If you do not have an active child support case, you may wish to apply for services in the state in which you reside. While you can apply directly with Virginia DCSE, you should be aware that you might be required to travel to Virginia to attend court hearings Individuals receiving public assistance benefits from another state may not apply for DCSE services in Virginia. The application for child support IS available. You may complete the application and return it to the district office that serves the locality in which the other party resides.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More