I Live In Another State. Can I Get Help From Dcse In Virginia?
If you already have a child support case open in the state in which you reside, you should contact the child support agency in that state to learn if it has requested assistance from the state of Virginia. If you do not have an active child support case, you may wish to apply for services in the state in which you reside. While you can apply directly with Virginia DCSE, you should be aware that you might be required to travel to Virginia to attend court hearings Individuals receiving public assistance benefits from another state may not apply for DCSE services in Virginia. The application for child support IS available. You may complete the application and return it to the district office that serves the locality in which the other party resides.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Family Law Articles
- Dcse District Offices
- Do I Need To Tell Dcse When I Move?
- Can Dcse Help With Questions Or Problems About Custody Or Visitation?
- How Can Dcse Assist With Establishing Paternity?
- If A Judge Makes A Decision I Disagree With, What Can I Do?
- What If The Other Parent May Cause Me Or The Child Physical Or Emotional Harm If My Address Is Disclosed, Or If I Have A Protective Order?
- Can Dcse Put Non-Custodial Parents In Jail If They Don't Pay?
- What Actions Do You Take If The Non-Custodial Parent Lives In Another State?
- I See You Publish A Most Wanted Poster. How Do You Decide What Non-Custodial Parents To Include On The List?
- I Am Going To Change Banks And I Have Direct Deposit. What Should I Do?
- I Am Having Problems With My Bank And Want To Stop My Direct Deposit. What Should I Do?
- If The Payments Are Supposed To Be Deducted From My Wages And That Hasn't Started Yet, What Should I Do?
- I Do Not Think The Custodial Parent Is Using The Support Money For The Child. What Can Dcse Do?
- Why Do I Have To Pay Interest And Fees And Who Gets The Money?
- What Are Administrative Appeals?
- What Is Judicial Review?
- In Virginia, Can a Spouse Give Up His or Her Right to Alimony in a Premarital Agreement?
- What Steps are Necessary to Enter a Valid Premarital Agreement in Virginia?