How Do I Find Out Who My Agent Is?

For questions about your case, you should call the appropriate Customer Service Unit (CSU). The only time you would need to contact a particular agent is if his/her phone number is listed on a letter or notice you receive from ORS/CSS, or the agent contacts you for further information. Although you may not speak to the same person each time you call CSU, each CSU representative is able to assist you with questions and concerns about your case, such as case status requests. For routine payment questions, you can call our automated phone line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to find out if a payment was posted and/or sent. If you have a complaint about the way your case is being handled, it is also appropriate that you contact CSU as a first step in resolving issues. Please keep in mind that ORS/CSS (and the Office of the Attorney General) does not represent either parent. The role of ORS/CSS is to ensure that children receive the support to which they are entitled. If you are unhappy with the level of service you receive at ORS/CSS, it may suit your situation better for you to hire a private attorney or contract with a private agency.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More