What About Custody And Visitation Issues?

ORS/CSS does not address legal custody or visitation issues. To determine these issues initially, we suggest you hire a private attorney. Utah law requires the child support obligation to follow the child. This means we will enforce the support obligation against the parent who does not have physical custody of the child. If neither parent has physical custody of a child who is living with a relative, we will enforce the obligations of both parents. When physical custody of the child changes, we may enforce the obligation against the other parent (or parents) without modifying the order. If you are having problems with court ordered visitation or custody because you do not know the location of the other parent, ORS/CSS may be able to send an address request to the Federal Parent Locator Service. For more information, please refer to the information titled Federal Locator Service for Custody and Visitation Purposes.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More