What Is The Function Of The Office Of Recovery Services Child Support Program?
The Office of Recovery Services (ORS), is an agency located within the Utah Department of Human Services. Within ORS, Child Support Services (CSS), is responsible for collecting child and medical support. Services include locating parents, establishing paternity, establishing and modifying child support orders, and enforcing child support orders and medical insurance obligations. ORS/CSS can also collect spousal support (alimony) if a dollar amount is ordered with child support in the divorce decree.
Additional Family Law Articles
- What About Custody And Visitation Issues?
- Can You Collect Support Even If The Other Parent Lives In Another State?
- How Do I Open A Child Support Case?
- What Information Does Ors/Css Need To Proceed With A Case?
- What If I Can't Answer All Of The Questions In The Application Form?
- How Long After A Case Is Opened Will I Receive Child Support?
- What About Collecting Child Care Costs?
- How Do I Find Out Who My Agent Is?
- Can I Also Use A Private Agency To Collect My Child Support?
- Who Do I Call For More Information?
- How Can I Get My Child Support Raised?
- What About Custody And Visitation Issues? Why Should I Have To Pay When The Other Parent Won't Let Me See The Kids?
- What Authority Does Ors/Css Have To Collect Child Support?
- What If I Am Not Sure I Am The Child's Father?
- How Much Child Support Will I Have To Pay?
- What If My Income Goes Down Or I Lose My Job?
- Does Child Support Have To Come Out Of My Paycheck?
- What If My Ex-Spouse Is Receiving Public Assistance? Why Do I Have To Pay Support Too?
- What If I Don't Know If My Kids Are Receiving Public Assistance? Should I Still Pay Support?
- Ors/Css Says I Owe More Than I Think I Do. What Can I Do To Correct This?
- What If I Change Jobs Or Move Out Of State?
- What Happens If I Owe Support To Another Family Too?
- I Have Also Been Contacted By A Private Agency To Collect My Child Support. Is This Legal?
- How Do I Get Copies Of Information Pertaining To My Case?
- In Utah, Can a Spouse Give Up His or Her Right to Alimony in a Premarital Agreement?
- What Steps are Necessary to Enter a Valid Premarital Agreement in Utah?
Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources