Who Can Apply For Child Support Services And What Is The Fee?

By: LawInfo
The Attorney General`s office accepts applications from mothers and fathers. Our attorneys represent the State of Texas in providing child support services and do not represent either parent in the case. Applicants do not have the right to select what enforcement actions are taken in their case. The Office of the Attorney General is required to provide all appropriate services for the benefit of the children. Temporary Assistance to Needy Family (TANF) recipients and Medicaid Only recipients automatically receive child support services, whereas persons not receiving TANF must apply for Title IV­D child support services. There is no fee to apply for child support services provided by the Office of the Attorney General.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More