How Do I Get Services?

If your child receives public assistance, your child support case should be referred to DCS automatically. That is also true if your child is in the custody of the State Offices of Services for Children and Families or the Oregon Youth Authority.

If your child does not receive public assistance, you can apply to the District Attorney in the county in which you live. (To find out where to call, see the list of District Attorney offices.) You will be asked to complete an application and charged a one­time $1 fee for this service. The fee will be deducted from the first money we collect.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More