What Do I Need In Order To Get A Marriage License?
In general, you will need the following:
- Cash or a money order in the amount of $50.00. However, if the applicants show proof of premarital counseling, then the fee is only $5.00;
- On Oklahoma blood test from a state approved laboratory;
- You must be 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or guardian,
- Must be able to present a valid Driver's License or a Certified Birth Certificate;
- Once issued, the License is only good for 10 days and it must be returned for recording by the Court Clerk within 5 days of the ceremony;
- The person who performs the ceremony must be registered with the State.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Family Law Articles
- Who Can Get Married In Oklahoma?
- Does Oklahoma Allow Or Recognize Same Sex Marriages?
- Do I Need A Marriage License Before I Get Married?
- What Are The Grounds For Divorce In Oklahoma?
- How Long Do I Have To Live In Oklahoma Before I Can File For Divorce?
- How Long Does A Divorce Take In Oklahoma?
- If My Spouse And I Agree On Everything, Will I Have To Appear In Court?
- If I Need To Go To Court, Will I Have To Testify Before A Jury?
- How Long Must I Wait Until I Can Remarry After I Am Divorced?
- In Oklahoma, Can a Spouse Give up His or Her Right to Alimony in a Premarital Agreement?
- What Steps are Necessary to Enter a Valid Premarital Agreement in Oklahoma?