What About Multiple Child Support Orders For The Same Employee?
You must add together the current support owed for each order and withhold that amount first. If this amount does NOT exceed the CCPA or appropriate state law, you may withhold additional earnings for any arrearage provided the total amount withheld does not exceed the amount available under the CCPA or appropriate State law. If only one withholding is for arrearage only, withhold an amount up to the CCPA limitation.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Family Law Articles
- Will The Father's Name Be Added To The Birth Certificate?
- Will The Child's Last Name Be The Same As The Father's?
- Does There Have To Be A Court Hearing?
- What If The Alleged Father Refuses To Sign The Acknowledgement Of Paternity Form?
- What If There Is A Question About Who The Child's Father Is?
- What About Visitation Rights?
- May We Combine Child Support Payments From Several Employees?
- Under Which Insurance Plan Should The Children Be Enrolled?
- What If Your Spouse Files For A Divorce?
- What Will A Lawyer Charge?
- In Mississippi, Can a Spouse Give Up His or Her Right to Alimony in a Premarital Agreement?
- What Steps are Necessary to Enter a Valid Premarital Agreement in Mississippi?