What if the noncustodial parent owes support to a number of custodial parents?
If a noncustodial parent owes current child support to more than one custodial parent, the Child Support Payment Center sends a portion of each payment it receives to each custodial parent.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Family Law Articles
- How Can I Apply For Child Support Services?
- After I Apply, What Else Must I Do?
- If I am receiving public assistance, are there other things I must do?
- How Can I Get Payment Information?
- In Minnesota, can a Spouse Give Up His or Her Right to Alimony in a Premarital Agreement?
- What Steps are Necessary to Enter a Valid Premarital Agreement in Minnesota?