After I Apply, What Else Must I Do?

You must take an active role in your case. Cooperating with the child support office improves your chances of successful support establishment and collection. The child support office cannot succeed without your help. You must report changes that may affect your case. You must contact your county child support office if:


  • You or the other parent moves
  • You or the other parent gets a new phone number or job
  • The number of children living with you changes
  • You have new information that might help locate the other parent
  • You apply for public assistance
  • You are involved in other court actions regarding support payments

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More