How Can I Apply For Child Support Services?

If you are not receiving public assistance, you can apply for child support services through your county child support office. You will have to pay a one­time $25 application fee for these services.

If you are receiving public assistance and you are the custodial parent of a minor child whose other parent does not live in your home, you are automatically referred for child support services. You will not have to pay a fee.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More