If A Parent Was Denied Custody Or Refused Or Restricted As To Access To A Child, Could That Be Changed?

Yes. If circumstances changed significantly so that it would be in the best interests of a child to change existing custody or access arrangements, application could be made to court for any changes to be ordered. Often, a court, when deliberating to make an order, will anticipate the possibility of such changes being required and may make any such order subject to periodic review by the court so that it can implement any changes necessary for the best interests of a child.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More