Who Is Authorized To Perform A Marriage Ceremony?
- a member of the clergy who has been registered under the Act (by the Minister of the Government responsible for the administration of the Marriage Act, or his/her designated official), or,
- a marriage commissioner appointed by the Minister under the Act;
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Marriage Articles
- What Is Required For The Marriage Ceremony To Take Place?
- What Is Required After Solemnization Of A Marriage?
- What Is An Annulment And How Would It Be Obtained?