What Is Required After Solemnization Of A Marriage?

After the marriage, the member of the clergy or other person who solemnizes the marriage shall, right after the ceremony, write the particulars ­ date, time, parties, witnesses, place ­ on the licence, certificate of publication of banns or of dispensation thereof and will then forward the certificate or licence to the director (of Vital Statistics) at Winnipeg.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Marriage Articles

Search LawInfo's Marriage Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More