What Is Required For The Marriage Ceremony To Take Place?
- The licence or certificate of publication of banns or of grant dispensing with publication of banns must be given to the person authorized to solemnize the marriage;
- the marriage ceremony must be performed in the presence of at least two adult witnesses;
- the marriage ceremony must take place within 3 months after the issue of the licence, publication of banns or grant dispensing with publication of banns.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Marriage Articles
- Who Is Authorized To Perform A Marriage Ceremony?
- What Is Required After Solemnization Of A Marriage?
- What Is An Annulment And How Would It Be Obtained?