Once The Court Sets The Amount Of The Support Can It Be Changed?

The Court will accept a petition for modification if it has been 2 1/2 years or more since the last order. The order will be modified based on the Delaware Child Support Formula. No petition for modification may be filed within 2 1/2 years unless the calculation indicates a change upward or downward, of 10% or greater.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources