Would I Have To Pay The State For Assisting Me?

Fees are only charged to reimburse the state for genetic tests, attorney fees and process server fees. The fees are charged to the parent who is ordered to pay child support. Other states may charge for some services if one of the parents lives in that state, even if the other parent lives in Alaska.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources