If The Noncustodial Parent's Income Has Changed Since The Order Was Issued, Can The Order Be Changed?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Family Law Articles
- How Would A Parent Obtain The Assistance Of The State?
- Is A Direct Deposit Program Available, And How Does One Sign Up To Participate In The Direct Deposit Program?
- How Does The State Determine How Much Child Support Is Owed Each Month?
- Would I Have To Pay The State For Assisting Me?
- Will The Agency Help Enforce An Order For Medical Insurance Coverage For Children?
- If I Disagree With The Decision Or Action Of The Agency, May I Lodge An Appeal?
- How Do I Appeal An Agency Decision, And What Information Is Needed To Do So?
- Is There A Time Limit Within Which I Must File An Appeal?
- Is There Any Way To Speed Up The Process?
- When Will I Know When The Hearing Will Be?
- What If Something Comes Up Or Happens Requiring Me To Change The Date Of The Hearing?
- How Much Will The State Take From The Parent's Wages?
- Can Federal Income Tax Refunds Be Taken?
- I Cannot Get Health Insurance With My Job But My Ex-Spouse Gets Good Benefits, Can My Ex-Spouse Be Required To Put The Children On His Health Insurance?
- What Does The Caseworker Do To Find Out About The Other Spouse, I Do Not Know Much That Will Help?
- What If My Former Spouse And I Wish To Agree On Something Between Us?
- Is There Some Way To Determine Is The Noncustodial Parent's Income Has Substantially Increased?
- Why Does The Agency Ask For The Custodial Parent's Income When Only The Absent Parent's Income Is Used To Calculate Child Support?
- Can Paternity Be Established If The Father Lives Outside Of Alaska?
- Why Is Data From Both Parents Necessary?
- If We Know Where The Noncustodial Parent Is Working, How Long Will It Take To Start Receiving Payments?
- Why Does It Take So Long For Other States To Start Collection?
- Can Alaska Attach The Property Of A Noncustodial Parent Who Lives In Another State?
- In Alaska, Can a Spouse Give Up His or Her Right to Alimony in a Premarital Agreement?
- What Steps are Necessary to Enter a Valid Premarital Agreement in Alaska?