Can Federal Income Tax Refunds Be Taken?

Yes, states can request that the IRS take the federal income tax refund of a parent who owes child support up until the emancipation of the children.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources