Can I Change My Mind?

Yes. If you change your mind, you can revoke (cancel) your Advance Health Care Directive at any time. Mississippi law requires that the Power of Attorney portion of the document can be revoked only by signing a written notification or by personally notifying the supervising health care provider. You can revoke other parts of the Advance Health Care Directive simply by communicating this in any manner you wish. A Power of Attorney for Health Care that designates a spouse agent is automatically revoked in the event of divorce, annulment or legal separation. If your most recent Advance Health Care Directive conflicts with an earlier vision, the earlier directive is automatically revoked to the extent that it conflicts with the newer version.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Estate Planning Articles

Search LawInfo's Estate Planning Resources