What Else Should I Know About Advance Directives?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Estate Planning Articles
- What Is An Advance Directive?
- Who Can Complete An Advance Directive?
- How Does An Advance Directive Help?
- What Does An Advance Directive Allow Me To Do?
- Can I Change Any Part Of This Form?
- Does It Have To Be Notarized?
- Who Should I Tell About My Advance Directive?
- When Does My Advance Directive Go Into Effect?
- Who Will Decide My Care When Im Too Sick To Choose If I Dont Have An Agent Or An Advance Directive?
- What Happens If I Do Not Make An Advance Directive?
- Does My Doctor Have To Follow My Choices?
- What If Suffer From A Mental Health Problem?
- What Rights Do I Have As A Patient?
- What If I Want To Change My Mind?
- What Is A Living Will?
- What Happens To The Living Will After I Have Signed It And Given It To My Doctor?
- Will Emergency Medical Personnel Honor My Living Will, In The Ambulance Or Emergency Room?
- Will My Living Will, Executed In Maine, Be Honored In Another State?
- Will Signing A Living Will Affect My Insurance?