Which Form Should I Fill Out?

Which form you should be filled out will depend on the particular advance directive needs you have. For example, if you do not want someone else to make decisions concerning life­prolonging treatment for you, fill out a Living Will. However, if you want someone to be able to make decisions on your behalf, and you do not want this power limited to conditions which a physician has determined to be terminal, and incurable or irreversible, then fill out a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Estate Planning Articles

Search LawInfo's Estate Planning Resources