What Is An Advance Directive?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Estate Planning Articles
- Do I Have The Right To Make Health Care Decisions?
- Do I Have The Right To Information Needed To Make A Health Care Decision?
- Must I Have An Advance Directive?
- What Is A Living Will?
- What Is A Life Support System?
- Will I Receive Medication For Pain If I Have A Living Will?
- What Is A Health Care Agent?
- What Is An Attorney-In-Fact For Health Care Decisions?
- What Is A Conservator?
- What Advance Directives Should I Have?
- Who Can I Name As My Health Care Agent Or As My Attorney-In-Fact For Health Care Or As My Conservator?
- Do I Need A Lawyer To Create An Advance Directive?
- Do I Have To Sign My Advance Directives In Front Of Witnesses?
- Who Can Witness My Signing Of An Advance Directive?
- Once I Complete An Advance Directive What Should I Do?
- After I Complete An Advance Directive, Can I Revoke It?
- If I Already Have A Living Will, Do I Need A New One?
- If I Dont Have An Advance Directive, How Will My Wishes Be Considered If I Am Unable To Speak For Myself?
- What Is A Document Of Anatomical Gift?
- Can I Revoke An Anatomical Gift?
- What If I Have More Questions?