If I Dont Have An Advance Directive, How Will My Wishes Be Considered If I Am Unable To Speak For Myself?

If you are unable to make and communicate your decision concerning your medical care and you do not have a living will, your physician can consult with other persons to determine what your wishes are regarding the withholding or withdrawal of life support.  A durable power of attorney can be made so that your named agent can act on your behalf in the event you become incapacitated. 

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Estate Planning Articles

Search LawInfo's Estate Planning Resources